Gone are the days when luxury brands desired top celebrity actors and singers to launch their hottest collections. Today, the new emerging shift is to work with supermodels in the spotlight ruling social media… Like say Kendall Jenner, Karlie Kloss, Gigi Hadid, and Joan Smalls to name the most wanted supermodels to serve as luxury brand Ambassadors for top brands. Certainly Kendall Jenner stands out in the crowd as she holds the #1 spot for being a “Very Important Endorser” for any brand plus this also comes with the full on support of her famously famous family Kardashian Jenner crew.
When brands select to work with supermodels they do so from their ranking ability engagement for Celebrity Intelligence power. So do brands really now prefer to work with supermodels even over mega superstars like Beyoncé? According to refinery29.com, supermodels were in more hot demands for this year. Gone from the list this year? 2014’s winner of “top ambassador”: Beyoncé!
That would mean that in 2015 supermodels ruled for luxury brand Ambassador endorsements over top celebrity actors and singers….
- Kendall Jenner – The reality star turned catwalker has “fronted 14 promotions,” says The Drum; she has been the face of Estée Lauder, Marc Jacobs, and the Calvin Klein #MyCalvins campaign. Glu Mobile has signed her to launch a mobile game and she’s appeared in a Rock the Vote commercial, too. She and sister Kylie have a clothing line deal with Topshop.
- Karlie Kloss, Taylor Swift bestie and the face of L’Oreal Paris, who has 12 endorsements.
- Gigi Hadid, a Victoria’s Secret Angel with a total of nine endorsements.
- Cara Delevingne, the model-actor who has deals with Mulberry, Mango, and TAG Heuer.
- Irina Shayk, a L’Oreal model who is the face (and body) of Replay’s athleisure sportswear launch.
- Joan Smalls, a sought-after cover model who walked for Victoria’s Secret and is the face of United Colors of Benetton.
- Odell Beckham Jr., receiver for the New York Giants, who is the ambassador for Head & Shoulders and the energy drink Roar.
- Crista Cober, a model who reps the brands H&M, Balmain, and Graff Diamonds.
- Binky Felstead, a British reality star (Made in Chelsea) who endorses St. Ives, Jigsaw, and more.
- Stephen Curry, point guard for the Golden State Warriors, whose deals include Express, Under Amour, and Muscle Milk. He’s also been in an iPhone 6s commercial and has his own box of Wheaties.