Rent the Runway is revolutionizing fashion by allowing millions of women to rent designer apparel and accessories. The company focuses on convenience and a top-notch customer experience on all of its platforms, including mobile, online, and retail locations in Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C., and Las Vegas. With styles from hundreds of top designers, RTR serves as a powerful marketing channel for the fashion industry, introducing a new generation of women to brands that they had limited access to before. Co-founded in 2009 by Harvard Business School graduates, Rent the Runway has raised over $126 million in venture capital and has more than 5 million members across the U.S.
Rent The Runway
Now Rent the Runway “Unlimited” is available nationwide! The service was previously in Beta…Unlimited caters to women’s everyday wardrobes, offering tops, skirts, dresses, blazers, outerwear, handbags, jewelry, and more, all on constant rotation. Unlimited members can select pieces from over 350 designers including Derek Lam, Giambattista Valli,Jason Wu, Marni, Tory Burch and Theory, with additional designers being added to the service on a regular basis.
How Unlimited Works
Select three items from Rent the Runway’s inventory and keep them for as long as you want, or swap any or all of them out for new selections. There’s no limit to the number of times you can swap. The subscription costs $139 per month and shipping, dry cleaning, and insurance are included.
Members can return Unlimited items via mail or in Rent the Runway’s store locations. They can also arrange to pick up their Unlimited orders in the stores. Rent the Runway stores are located in New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Las Vegas.
If a member loves an item they rented on Unlimited and wants to make it a permanent part of their wardrobe, she has the option to buy the item at a discounted price.
The New and Improved Rent the Runway App
New updates to Rent the Runway’s app put Unlimited front and center, allowing members to mix, match and manage their wardrobe on-the-go. New functionalities include:
- Unlimited members who access the app can view a personalized home screen that displays the items they are currently renting through their Unlimited subscription.
- If members have returned an item and need to pick out another one, there will be a blank space with a call-to-action to add a new item.
- Members can search for new items by style, color, body type, or curated assortments (e.g. Office Edit, Weekend Edit, Night Out).
- Members can click into an item and land on the product page, which includes customer reviews.
- Because there is no added cost beyond the monthly membership fee, members can confirm their next shipment for free.
- Members can purchase any item they are currently renting through their Unlimited subscription at a discounted retail price.
To sign up for Unlimited or learn more about the service, please visit https://www.renttherunway.com/unlimited or download the App for iPhone.