California-based Fisker Inc., (MC MosnarCommunications.com Luxury Press Release) The Fisker Ocean all-electric luxury SUV was unveiled at CES 2020: Full purchase option starting at $37,499 (U.S.) MSRP – $29,999 after U.S. tax credit; flexible lease starting at $379 (U.S.) per month with all maintenance and service included. The world’s most sustainable vehicle will be truly global – with more than 1 million vehicles projected to be produced between 2022 and 2027.
On the heels of the latest news surrounding the vehicle, including a unique partnership with Electrify America, the largest, open DC Fast charging network for EVs in the United States, Fisker is shedding light on new purchase options for a limited amount of vehicles, unique sustainable design touches, and fun in-cabin brand experiences.
Emotional Design. Riveting Experiences. Accessible Pricing.
In response to inquiries and requests from customers around the globe, Fisker is revealing a full purchase option for a limited amount of Fisker Ocean vehicles – delivering on the brand’s promise of an affordable all-electric luxury SUV to help drive mass electrification. Reservations are set at $250 (U.S.) for either the full purchase option or the flexible lease program.
Full purchase option: Starting at $37,499 (U.S.) MSRP. After the U.S. federal tax credit is applied, the cost of the Fisker Ocean drops to a starting price of $29,999 (U.S.).
Unprecedented flexible lease model. Reservations are now open through the Fisker mobile app on the App Store and Google Play store, or the Fisker website – set at $250 (U.S.): Drivers can get behind the wheel of the Fisker Ocean starting at $379 (U.S.) per month (with $2,999 down before delivery in 2022, which includes both initiation and activation fees). Fisker will also offer a “$0 drive off” option through a fully financed $2,999 down payment for credit approved customers.
Liberating flexibility: Drivers get to decide how long to keep their Fisker Ocean. As an industry first, a customer can return the vehicle in one month, eight months, 22 months or several years. No long-term contracts, with 30,000 miles per year included.
Experience centers and test drives: Customers will be able to see the vehicles and option packages at select Fisker experience centers in 2020 – as well as schedule test drives through their mobile app in 2021.
Affordable insurance: Even attaining quotes for vehicle insurance will be made easy and hassle-free via the Fisker mobile app. Insurance quotes for drivers attaining the Fisker Ocean are projected to be significantly lower than other vehicles on the road today due to a unique and proprietary low cost of service and maintenance model.
A radical new service and maintenance experience: Fisker customers will never have to take their vehicles to service on their own, as Fisker will pick up and return vehicles when maintenance is required, or service is requested – signaled by the onboard system or through the mobile app.
Payments, rewards, and referrals: Managing ownership or lease of the Fisker Ocean is made easy – with payment, rewards, and referral features part of an all-inclusive experience via the Fisker Flexee mobile app.
Immersive In-Cabin Features. Revolutionary Design Touches. All-Out Fun.
- Additional details surrounding the Fisker brand experience are being introduced, including a Karaoke feature through a heads-up display – synched with the Fisker Flexee app for a fun in-vehicle family experience.
- Fisker has patented a unique experience called “California Mode.” This feature, inspired by the Fisker brand’s roots and passion for the Southern California coastline, lowers/slides nine glass windows/panels to open the entire cabin with one-touch – creating an open-air feeling, while still maintaining a full “roll cage” safety structure around the passengers.
- The feature adds functional utility by allowing the rear hatch glass to drop – enabling long items to be placed through the opening without having to drive with an open tailgate.
- Fisker’s engineering team patented the overall idea and had to tackle several challenges to achieve what seemingly would be a simple feat – including a never-before-seen reimagining of the vehicle body to enable the rear quarter glass to be electrically opened.
- More Fisker brand experience details will be released in the coming months.
Unique Global Supply Chain and High-Volume Production Strategy.
Additional details are being released regarding Fisker’s strategy for high-volume production of the Fisker Ocean and upcoming vehicle models.
- The company has secured a strategic global and localized supply chain – which includes critical components such as batteries. This will result in global manufacturing capacity across the United States, Europe, and China – with projected production of more than 1 million vehicles between 2022 and 2027.
- Additional details surrounding Fisker’s manufacturing capabilities will be shared at the Geneva Motor Show 2020 – and over the course of the coming year.
Fully-Engineered, Production-Ready Platform. Upcoming Vehicle Models.
The Fisker Ocean all-electric luxury SUV rides on a complete, fully-engineered platform – which will also underpin two additional Fisker models.
- More details on future Fisker models will be shared throughout 2020.
The World’s Most Sustainable Vehicle – From the Inside-Out.
- Fisker Inc. believes that the industry should stop looking at innovation superficially and start taking responsibility for its products, end-to-end – giving customers the opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future. Some of the Fisker Ocean’s features include (not limited to):
- Full-length solar roof:
- Supporting the car’s electric power source, boosting fuel efficiency and lowering carbon dioxide emissions. Result: 1000 free, clean miles per year.
- As the technology evolves, Fisker will feature integrated hardware solutions for better energy yields and more free, clean miles per year.
- Fully recycled carpeting:
- Made from regenerated nylon, which is made from abandoned fishing net waste – pulled from the oceans and aquaculture.
- Vegan interior:
- 100% Polycarbonate Polyurethane surfaces and 100% reinforced Rayon backing.
- Meets stringent chemical emission limits for various VOCs (such as Formaldehyde).
- Eco-suede: interior textures and patterns – Dinamica:
- Derived from polyester fibers (T-shirts, fibers) and recycled bottles, plastic, etc.
- Recycling polyester means reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions into the atmosphere by 80% compared to the traditional petrol-based polyester production process.
- Eco-sustainability, as well as the lowest levels of polluting emissions and energy consumption, are guaranteed throughout the whole production cycle.
- Repurposing rubber waste:
- Fisker will utilize discarded rubber waste generated during tire manufacturing that will no longer be dumped in landfills.
- Recycling saves impressive amounts of energy, which ultimately reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- All-electric SUV range:
- The all-electric SUV will come standard with an extended range (target of approximately 250 to 300 miles, depending on driving conditions), enabled by an approx. 80 kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
- Full-length solar roof:
The Fisker Ocean is targeted to begin production at the end of 2021 – with the first high-volume deliveries projected for 2022.
* All stated performance numbers and figures are subject to final validation by the appropriate entities.