Celebrities gracing the red carpet, to the delighted screams and cheers of their fans, included Sammo Hung, Carol “Dodo” Cheng, Frances Yip, Chang Chen, Wu Chun, Ekin Cheng, Chilam Cheung, Karena Lam, Grasshopper and Sandrine Pinna, along with Vincent Kok and Sire Ma, who were masters of ceremony at the gala dinner – a celebration for the integrated resort’s VIP customers. Before the dinner, the stars participated in a handprint ceremony, with the resulting handprints to be incorporated into the Cotai Strip® development’s own version of an ‘Avenue of Stars’ walkway.
Throngs of fans lined up at Sands® Cotai Central Saturday evening, hoping to catch a glimpse of the glittering array of celebrities walking the red carpet on their way to a VIP gala dinner at Sheraton Macao Hotel, part of Sands Cotai Central’s A Night of Stars event.
As part of the exciting, movie-themed gala dinner, VIP guests were entertained with performances from Moulin Rouge; a live band playing film theme tunes; headline performer Frances Yip and celebrity look-a-likes dressed as Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Charlie Chaplin, Lady Gaga and others. The evening’s emcees, Sire Ma and Vincent Kok, also gave guests the opportunity to win thousands of dollars in cash prizes through games played on stage.
During the A Night of Stars evening, Sammo Hung joined a handful of lucky guests for a round of cards at Sands Cotai Central’s APEX Club. Hung’s participation in ”Win Like a Star” provided an opportunity for Sands Cotai Central to donate HK$250,000 to the Sammo Hung Charity Fund, a non-profit organisation that works to improve the lives of those in need: the poor, the elderly, the disabled, orphans and those impacted by natural disasters (projects include the reconstruction of damaged or destroyed schools).
As a celebration of the star-studded evening, visitors to Sands Cotai Central were each given a commemorative golden star. Visitors lined up to receive the one-of-a-kind mementos which were distributed by Sands Cotai Central ambassadors throughout the ground floor of the property.
A Night of Stars is part of Stars of the Cotai Strip, which has included celebrity events and amazing prize draws at the Sands Cotai Central integrated resort. Parent company Sands China Ltd. aims to make Macao one of the top entertainment hubs in Asia by bringing in a steady stream of talented film, TV, music and sports stars to the city. A Night of Stars and the other dazzling celebrity-led events this month affirm the company’s resolve to see Macao develop into a world centre of tourism and leisure.
Stars of the Cotai Strip, which launched on December 3, will climax in a celebrity-filled New Year’s Eve extravaganza. The year-end event features a special The Voice of China Venetian Macao Rock with Stars Concert, including Paul Wong of the Hong Kong rock band Beyond at the CotaiArena™ and a countdown to a spectacular fireworks display to ring in the New Year.
Other highlights of Stars of the Cotai Strip events and activities that have taken place this December include:
- Be a Chosen Star – a daily lucky draw saw 10 winners each day take home MOP 5,000 Sands Rewards Dollars when spending MOP 200 or more at Shoppes Cotai Central. The prizes were presented by the “star of the day.”
- Dine Like a Star – guests were given star service by Alex Fong (December 8) at Sheraton Macao’s Italian restaurant Bene and by pop band Grasshopper (December 12) at Conrad Macao’s luxury Chinese restaurant Dynasty 8. Lucky patrons on both nights not only won a MOP 5,000 dining voucher, but also VIP access to the 55th Asia Pacific Film Festival after-party on December 15.
- Ultimate Stardom – a MOP 500,000 lucky draw, the biggest prize programme on offer during the promotional period of Stars of the Cotai Strip. An ultimate lucky draw by the ultimate superstars on December 15, eligible to those spending MOP 2,000 or more at Shoppes Cotai Central, including restaurants and food court. Winners received MOP 100,000 Sands Rewards Dollars, a New Year Countdown Weekend Star Package consisting of two tickets to the New Year countdown performance of The Voice of China Venetian Macao Rock with Stars Concert at the CotaiArena, VIP access to meet the countdown concert stars, Cotai Water Jet VIP Cabin tickets and a luxury one-night suite stay.
- Be Seen Like a Star –photos taken with any celebrity at Sands Cotai Central, and shared with the tag @sandscotaicentral on Sands Cotai Central’s Facebook or Weibo pages up were entered to win:
- Grand Prize (50 winners): Two tickets to the 55th Asia Pacific Film Festival
- 2nd Prize (25 winners): Two tickets to the film festival opening screening on December 14
- 3rd Prize (50 winners): Two tickets to the New Year’s Eve countdown concert at the CotaiArena
- 4th Prize (100 winners): MOP 300 Sands Rewards Dollars
To find out more details on the celebrities involved and the exciting events of Stars of the Cotai Strip logon to the Sands Cotai Central Facebook and Weibo pages – www.facebook.com/SandsCotaiCentral and weibo.com/sandscotaicentral.