What top destinations to visit is something always high on our radar. So when the world’s largest travel site “TripAdvisor” announced their 2014 Travelers’ Choice Destinations we had to get the insider scoop. Top destinations can influence luxury branding tremendously and learning how-to create luxury PR campaigns around luxury travel plans can help increase profit earnings as well.
Every luxury brand needs inspiration when it comes to planning luxury marketing targets. Travelers’ Choice Destinations provides insight on what top destinations are in demand and the best places for global travelers to visit around the world. TripAdvisor select Travelers’ Choice Destinations based on the millions of reviews and opinions from their travelers!
Travelers’ Choice Destinations award winners are determined using algorithm that evaluates quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for hotels, attractions and restaurants in destinations worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period. They have conducted the marketing analysis research for you to determine which top destinations to reach tastemakers. A strategic plan and approach to implement luxury travel destinations or themes for luxury PR.
Top 25 Travelers’ Choice World Destinations:
(+/- denotes change in ranking year-over-year, 0 is no change and new is new to the top 25)
- 1. Istanbul, Turkey (+11)
- 2. Rome, Italy (+2)
- 3. London, England (0)
- 4. Beijing, China (+17)
- 5. Prague, Czech Republic (+4)
- 6. Marrakech, Morocco (+13)
- 7. Paris, France (-6)
- 8. Hanoi, Vietnam (New)
- 9. Siem Reap, Cambodia (+14)
- 10. Shanghai, China (+12)
- 11. Berlin, Germany (0)
- 12. New York City, New York (-10)
- 13. Florence, Italy (-5)
- 14. Buenos Aires, Argentina (+4)
- 15. Barcelona, Spain (-10)
- 16. St. Petersburg, Russia (+4)
- 17. Dubai, United Arab Emirates (New)
- 18. Chicago, Illinois (-4)
- 19. Cape Town, South Africa (-3)
- 20. Bangkok, Thailand (-7)
- 21. Budapest, Hungary (New)
- 22. Sydney, Australia (-12)
- 23. Lisbon, Portugal (New)
- 24. Chiang Mai, Thailand (0)
- 25. San Francisco, California (-18)
New York City – Copyrigth Elika Real Estate
Top 25 Travelers’ Choice U.S. Destinations:
- 1. New York City, New York (0)
- 2. Chicago, Illinois (+1)
- 3. San Francisco, California (-1)
- 4. Las Vegas, Nevada (0)
- 5. New Orleans, Louisiana (+5)
- 6. Los Angeles, California (+2)
- 7. San Diego, California (New)
- 8. Seattle, Washington (+3)
- 9. Washington, D.C. (-3)
- 10. Orlando, Florida (-5)
- 11. Honolulu, Hawaii (-2)
- 12. Houston, Texas (+13)
- 13. Charleston, South Carolina (+2)
- 14. Boston, Massachusetts (-7)
- 15. Portland, Oregon (+4)
- 16. San Antonio, Texas (+1)
- 17. Palm Springs, California (+6)
- 18. Austin, Texas (New)
- 19. Branson, Missouri (New)
- 20. Atlanta, Georgia (New
- 21. Phoenix, Arizona (New)
- 22. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (-1)
- 23. Saint Louis, Missouri (New)
- 24. Nashville, Tennessee (New)
- 25. Miami, Florida (-13)
Asian Destinations Climb World List of Top Spots
Six of the top 25 world spots are from Asia and four Asian cities saw a climb of at least 10 places in the world top 25 list year-over-year. Beijing jumped 17 spots to #4 in the world, Hanoi is new to the list this year at #8, Siem Reap rose 14 spots to #9, and Shanghai climbed 12 places to #10.
Texas and Southern Destinations Rise in the U.S.
Ten of the top 25 in the U.S. are southern destinations and it was a particularly strong showing from the Lone Star state this year. Houston saw the biggest jump on the U.S. list, up 13 spots to #12. San Antonio moved up one spot to #16 and Austin was new to the list at #18. Other southern spots that climbed the charts this year: New Orleans (+5 to #5) and Charleston (+2 to #13), while Atlanta (#20) and Nashville (#24) are new to this year’s U.S. top 25.
For the complete list of winners from the 2014 Travelers’ Choice Destinations, as well as reviews and candid traveler photos, go to www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Destinations.
To see the best hotels for luxury, bargain, and more, as honored in TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels from January, go to www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.